Wednesday, March 4

WAKE UP Wednesday

Today seemed to go by so sloooowly, like I didn't get anything done. Yet it was the most productive day I've had in ages.

I woke up and got on the prayer call, read the book of Joel, did a load of laundry, made some dehydrated chips and zucchini hummus and worked out with Billy Blanks for 40 minutes - all in between the usual toddler/newborn duties. By the time I put Joshua in bed, I was so physically and mentally tired that I decided I was going to leave the house in it's chaotic state until the morning (a decision I have made one too many times).

Then I got the email.

As you know, I signed up for rawdiva's 30-day decluttering program. So far it has just been one pre-recorded webinar and a bunch of "inspirational" emails. Well today's email got PRACTICAL :) You know that surge of energy you get when someone calls and says something like, "I'm in the neighborhood, I'll stop by!"? You spring into action and tidy up as fast as you can, right? Well, they've found a way to give you that same surge even when no one is about to ring your doorbell. It's called the 15 Minute Blitz. You get a little timer (today I used my oven timer) and set it for 15 minutes. Then you race against the clock to get as much done as you can. You are free to reset the clock for as many 15 minute intervals as you want, but you only HAVE to do one.

I read that email and decided to try it. I went downstairs to that pile of dishes, set my timer, and worked as fast as I could. Juliette was kicking her legs and cooing - it felt like she was cheering me on! I had such a blast that I reset that timer for another 15 minutes, finished the whole kitchen and the entire first floor. By then I had so much energy I went upstairs and totally cleaned my room for the first time since Juliette took it over, and finished the night off with a nice long shower (even shaved my legs!).

Yes, ladies and gents. This has been WAKE UP Wednesday indeed. I have woken up to a new way of living. It's productive, powerful and procrastination-free!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Procrastination FREE!!! Sign Me Up!