Tuesday, March 10

Tuesday: soooo quiet

I woke up this morning determined to make my business legal down at the courthouse today. The combination of Pierre's work schedule and the court's schedule, however, got me there the moment they were closing. I will get it done this week for sure. I'm going to make it a sole proprietorship for now so that I don't need a separate tax ID number and can still do business as myself. Look at me talking all this legal mumbo jumbo. I'm excited to pay taxes from my own business. Really. I'm not excited about what they will be used for, but that's a whole other blog.

My mil requested that Joshua sleep over tonight since she's off tomorrow, so it has been a quiet evening at the Laguerre household. She informed me of some photography contest they're doing at the hospital where she works. The theme is "quiet time". Since before Juliette was born, I was picturing putting her in this yellow onesie with a frilly yellow skirt and leg warmers, sleeping on a big 'ole stuffed sheep. I figured this quiet evening would be a perfect time to take that shot, especially since it fits the theme of this contest.

Unfortunately, waiting for her to fit into THE outfit I wanted her to wear meant that she is now too large to lay on a stuffed sheep. It wasn't holding her weight, and she no longer likes to be in that cute little curled up sleeping position. Maybe I'll try that shot with my next newborn, several years from now. I'll probably end up entering the picture of her sleeping in the basket. The winning photos will get placed in patient rooms to encourage rest and healing. What a nice thing to do.

So the sheep idea didn't work, but I'm going to put her in that yellow outfit again and take some other pictures - she is too cute.

No comments: