Saturday, February 28

Saturday: Day #6 of my raw food detox

Yestday was different. I didn't feel like eating. I only had 2 green smoothies and some celery sticks. Then in the late afternoon I saw that my menstrual cycle has returned for the first time after labor. Isn't that a joy? lol. It wasn't accompanied by any of the normal ailments that I was used to having on my first day, and I know it's because of the detox. However, it does explain the craving for ooey gooey chocolate the other day! Why does that happen??

So today I was upstairs washing a baby bottle when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Is that me? I looked so thin to myself. I felt so lean and sexy! I quickly began passionately ripping off my clothes as I ran down the stairs towards Pierre's office...to weigh myself! lol. 182.0 lbs. I've lost a little over 7lbs in 5 days. It feels nice, but I'm not overly excited about that since this is only a one week thing - or is it?

I'm definitely getting tired of just the light salads, fruits and smoothies I've been eating this week...but I think with a little added fats and grains, I could keep this up. The two foods I definitely want to eliminate from my diet are animal products and gluten. I know that encompases a lot, but I find those to be the most harmful and addicting to the body. I want to leave those foods for occasional rare moments, instead of the everyday staple they have been in my diet. Notice I did NOT say I will never eat those foods again. I am no longer that naive.

My journey continues

No comments: