Tuesday, February 24

Tuesday: Day #2 of my detox

WHOAAA...this is awesome. I'm told that day 3 is the "make it or break it" day - we'll see about that. Day 2 is FAB-U-LOUS!! I have a TON of energy. In today's email I was told that adding some exercise to my week will double and triple my results - sounds good to me! So I put on my sports bra, dusted off my sneakers and decided to do 15 minutes of Taebo. I set my oven timer and before I knew it, BEEP BEEP BEEP! I had hardly broken a sweat...but definitely felt my muscles working so decided I shouldn't over exert myself on the first day. Normally 15 minutes of Taebo after such a long exercise hiatus would've done me in and exhausted me for the rest of the day. What a great feeling to do a little exercise and feel MORE energy.

In other news, I've prayed more today than I have in a long while. I'm excited to cuddle up with a good book this evening after Joshua is in bed (namely, the book of Isaiah). I'm starting to think about all the ways I can declutter and really clean my home. Love it.

I also realized something else. When I went raw for 35 days, I was making a ton of raw gourmet recipes (I'm actually craving the raw zucchini hummus...yum!!). I did not eat a lot of veggies as is, like I'm doing now. Even though everything I was eating was raw, it was all spiced up, dehydrated, smothered and/or reconstituted to taste like something else. Did I lose weight? Yup! Did I get my poor eating habits under control? Nope . If anything, they were made worse because the recipes I was making took so long to prepare, my life pretty much revolved around food. With this fast, I'm eating very simply, and rediscovering how good things taste in their natural state.

Awesome.

I also signed up for a 90 day program with the raw divas. They're currently on day #8 so I read all the blogs from the past week and am caught up. The first month is focused on not eating any gluten or dairy, which I'm not eating this week anyway. Good stuff.

AND I reconnected with my friend, Paul Nison, who is an awesome raw food teacher and lover of Yeshua. www.paulnison.com

Overall great day :)

No comments: