Tuesday, February 17

WARNING: do NOT join facebook!

I joined facebook and I'm stuck now. As of February 4th, they signed a new Terms of Service saying that they can do whatever they want with any of your information and photos (including leasing them to 3rd parties) even if you delete your account. In other words, everything you upload to facebook can be used in any which way they want, forever.

Read about it here.

I'm starting a petition and will fight back (you know me!), but I'm just sending this out as a warning. If you are not a member of facebook, do not join now.

Yadi

4 comments:

Rachael426 said...

Wow, that is scary. I just saw the movie Eagle Eye and wished I'd never joined anything online!

Satoya said...

Does that include people who have already signed up, or the newbies?

Yadira said...

It included everyone because they reserved the right to change the terms of service at any time - but they went back to the original terms because too many people like me were making a big fuss. Haha. Good.

Yvonne said...

I'm still holding out! I have refused to join Facebook, although almost everyone I know has tried to encourage me to join.