Sunday, November 23

The resurrection of POC

Ever since our last meeting, I pretty much laid POC to rest. I knew that we are called to do great things together as a group of powerful women and friends, but just felt like POC itself as an entity no longer had a place in anyone's life. I was wrong...it has a place in my life.

For the past couple of weeks, Yahweh has been repeating Himself to me over and over that POC is very much alive and needs to remain that way. His exact words to me are, "You are Point of Creation." He told me that in church one Sunday. The following week I received an email from the long forgotten POC website that a "Juanita Evans" from NYC had filled out the contact form. Here is what she wrote:

"Learning about Point of Creation is such a wonderful blessing to me. This is what I have been looking for, for many years. Thank God for you!!! I would like to attend your next meeting."


At first it made me feel horrible. What meeting? What can we possible offer this person who sees us as an answer to her prayers just from our outdated website? The answer is simple, and it is what POC was designed to do from the beginning - rather, it is what I have been designed to do from the beginning...awaken the Yah-given dream in her and give her the support she needs to follow it through. Period. How did it ever become so complicated?

This week Yah awakened me at 4am simply to create this on photoshop:


Then a few days later he awakened me at the same time (3:57am, to be exact) and gave me a song that I cannot remember the tune of, but do remember the words. That simply tells me it only had a tune so that I would remember the words (since I was half asleep):

I am the Point of Creation (meaning me)
I am the Yud in Your Hand
Use me to light the fire in their souls
Use me to bring your words to their fleshly homes.


I say all this to say that I've always known my purpose and my calling - it has always been very clear until I tried to complicate it. I, Yadira Laguerre, exist to light the fire in others. I exist to bring out the purpose in Yah's children, to cause others to excel in their callings. That is what motivates me. That is what causes me to wake up in the morning with zeal in my step. My photography, my graphic design, even my singing and dancing, are all tools and not callings in and of themselves. I am Point of Creation. My pastor told me that even my very name Yadi in Hebrew means, "My Point of Creation". I am the flaming Yud in Yahweh's hand.

I don't know what the other 5 girls feel about this - but since they are the ones most likely to read this, I'll just ask...what do you feel about this? Are you a flaming Yud in Yahweh's hand, or did you join me because I lit your fire? In the next few months I will be revamping the POC website to include all sorts of interactive community aspects to better reach out to the "Juanitas" out there who are looking for someone to awaken them to their purpose. I am even going to be doing a live broadcast "television" show on UStream on a weekly basis. Do I have 5 girls with me who are on fire about lighting the fire in others? I am ready to be who Yah always intended me to be, and I am ready to start from scratch. If this calling speaks to you, contact me. Let's change lives together.

8 comments:

Rachael426 said...

I see the school as the primary platform for what you're talking about... does that sound right? It would offer long-term guidance and support to the students and teachers, but also shorter-term events and classes for the community. I still feel a strong need to focus on the school right now, and I'm concerned that other activities might take away from our productivity there, but I'm open to discussion about it. I definitely feel a strong connection to you and everyone in POC and would love to be more connected.

Rachael426 said...

So can we all meet on Dec. 7 after church?? :-)

Yadira said...

Absolutely, the school is POC's bhag. However, it is imperative that we help others get where they are going on the way to where we are going. POC's core mission, my core mission, cannot be put on hold until we have a building. It would be like Pastor Dan deciding not to have services until we obtained our 10,000 auditorium. I'm available Dec 7th.

Rachael426 said...

Cool! I didn't mean put everything on hold until we get a building, just to keep working on the business plan, have meetings about the school, build a team, etc. so that we're all set when someone is ready to give us a building :-). PD said to send him the plan when it's ready. I'd like to hear more about what exactly we'd be doing to help others in the meantime, I just can't quite wrap my head around it yet.

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, yes I am on fire about lighting the fire in others. The school is important to me and I see where that is POC's BHAG however I remember a meeting that we had months ago and I remember saying to you that we had to revisit the original mission of POC. Reading you blog this morning, I remember when you approached me to become a member of POC and I remember the excitement I felt about women helping women in the capacity that you described to me. It hit home with me, I was able to relate to the mission because it was something that I was already doing. I just realized that this morning especially after reading your Blog. Before I even came to FEF, one of the things I enjoyed was being a part of helping women find their way, being a part of their creative process whether it was through the theater projects that I stage managed, or doing someone's make-up, or giving them a book or CD that encouraged them or connecting them or introducing them to someone that would be a great help to them, or just to simply pray with them and for them...whatever it was that they needed, I found a satisfaction that I could be a part of the process that brought them closer to their dreams and goals. My heart has always been toward women in that respect. That's what excited me about POC and being involved.(Please check your email for the continuation of my comment - this is getting long) :)

Tarsha Gibbons said...

I joined you because you lit my fire and I believe without a shadow of a doubt that this is what you are called to do. Yahweh told me last week that my season with POC was over and now I know why because you are POC. You have definetely lit a fire in me for things that I did not even see in myself and I am so grateful to you for that. My vision for how I could be effective in the lives of people with my gifts and unknown talents just expanded.I know you will do the same for others as you have done for us 5. What a gift you are!!! So I will do as the Lord has told me and resign from POC.You have found your path and I am excited and rejoicing with you. Ahava!!!!!

Blanca said...

While I am not a part of POC, I couldn't help but stop by and share this. As I read your blog I was so blessed, somehow I see our lives running parallel. I say this because recently I experienced a small series of events that prepared me for a weekend of ministry I would be exposed to. Yah let me know that I didn't have clear ministry direction, not because of Him, but because of me. I allowed myself to be disconnected and distracted all the while yearning to be in the place He assigned for me. Like you, today I am refocused. Today, I can say my husband and I have one vision, and only now can we really move forward!

Blanca said...

ps. I am blessed to see that Yah is taking you to greater heights and that you are surrounded by like-minded people.