Saturday, November 29

Boriqua!

For the past couple of weeks I've noticed that Joshua's social skills have gotten a lot better. In the past he would only engage people who were completely ignoring him. If anyone spoke to him first, he would either cry or completely ignore them. Now he actually responds like a little man.

Yesterday at my dad's everyone had a blast with him. They were getting him to dance merengue and say, "Boriqua!" lol. It was quite amusing. Apparently some of it stuck.

Today we went out to buy "safer" christmas tree ornaments since my little engineer takes apart the current ones I have (down to the wires) and crushes the blown glass. On our way home, I put on some college radio station that was playing carribean music of a sort. From the back seat I hear a little voice say, "Wepa" - oh my goodness I laughed so hard. He knew from that point that he must've said something funny, so he kept saying it. No matter what kind of music I put on, he would say, "Mommy! Wepa!" lol. I have a little boriqua in my home.

**PS: For those that don't know, wepa is a like the Puerto Rican version of woohoo and boriqua is another term for Puerto Rican.

No comments: