Wednesday, July 2

Bye-Bye Fever

I want to start off by saying that my blog has not been neglected...I've just been enjoying putting entries in the photo blog. You can go there to see what I've been up to.

In other news, Joshua woke up Monday morning with a fever of 101.4. There were no other symptoms. Throughout the day he was eating and playing as normal, but after his afternoon nap the fever got even higher. Pierre wasn't home so I had no transportation to take him to the hospital...admittedly I would not have done that anyway. Pierre got home and we did everything in the natural (homeopathic) as well as in the spirit to take care of him. The fever persisted through the night and he started having convulsions (not seizures; tremors). He was in and out of sleep and it was a long night for all of us.

He woke up the next morning totally fine, only to get an even higher fever in the early evening. This time I gave in, gave him children's tylenol and made a doc appt for the next morning. That evening, Pierre and I took communion.

This morning he woke up fine and remained fine all day long. Praise Yah. We took him to the doc and she said she saw some sores on his throat, but didn't prescribe any antibiotics (praise Yah again because Pierre would've made him take them). He is totally healed. It was so nice to feel my baby's cool skin all day long. Aaahhhhhhhhh. Refreshing. There is nothing like a covenant with my Yah. We always know how the story ends.

No comments: