Monday, July 28

Are you prophetic?

In a few short weeks, I will be heading down to NC for Morning Star's annual prophetic conference. As excited as I am about that, it's sort of bitter sweet in the sense that I have to come back home where I have no fellowship in that area. Pierre says that means I should start something. Surprise, surprise.

I was watching something on television last night (I know, bad Yadi) about psychic children. I could relate to a lot of things that were being said - the fact that you often feel all kinds of deep emotions for no reason at all because you are picking up on things going on around you (my problem is that I identify with every emotion I feel instead of being objective enough to know the feeling just might not be originating from me), the fact that "psychic abilities" tend to run in families (most of the family on my father's side is paranormal), the feeling of being an outsider while growing up (I overcompensated for this by becoming President of everything and keeping the "weird stuff" for home). It was a good reminder to me of what it's like being a child with paranormal abilities; a reminder that was needed since my children will most likely experience a lot of the things that I did (minus the séances).

The good news is that my children will never have to wander into the dark side of things because they will always know where their giftings come from and who they are meant to glorify. I realized today that every creative tool I've ever used has drawn tremendous emotional responses from people at one time or another, saved and unsaved a like. Whether it has been drawing, painting, dancing, singing, public speaking, and even photography, I believe the link that ties it all together is the prophetic. I believe the gift I need to be giving myself to more than any other is the prophetic - and everything else will flow from that. I believe He wants to use the myriad of creative talents He gave me to speak His message to different people.

I definitely see now that Point of Creation has a lot more to do with the prophetic than it has to do with the creative arts. I see a common thread of it in all the girls Yahweh has chosen to be a part of POC. In all my commitments to honing my different creative gifts, I've never truly made a long lasting commitment to honing my prophetic gifts. My priorities were off. It's like I've been on a long journey that has brought me right back to where I started - the primal, rudimentary essence of who Yahweh created me to be.

I'm feeling so pschytso right now...like every week I'm on a new path. Bear with me, I'm a work in progress and I'm not afraid to let you know. lol. If this post speaks to you in any way, please comment. I need to know where the other "psychic" children are.

4 comments:

Rachael426 said...

I've been yearning to be more prophetic for a while now, but I've never felt gifted in that area. I do feel deep emotions for apparently no reason... but doesn't every woman? lol... and I felt like an outsider throughout childhood and adulthood so far... I need to explore this stuff more, I just haven't had time.

Neubela said...

Definitely can relate, enough said. You know I am a women of few words, hehehe :-)

Tarsha Gibbons said...

I actually didn't know that I was prophetic until I joined intercessory prayer and then Yahweh started speaking to me in ways that I had not known before. Now I am coming to know his voice more clearly and he is increasing my discernment. He is not bringing this to you for nothing get ready because he wants to tell you some things!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Rachael. I thought all women felt "deep emotions". (smile)I am more sensitive to certain situations than others and have had dreams, one that saved a friends life years ago. I feel I have a "good sense" of people once in their presence, even before interacting with them. I just never saw it as a "gifting". It could be. I don't know?

You've now given me a "hmmm?" moment. Makes me wonder.