Friday, July 4

Kevin Cromer

I was going through some old blog entries, reliving past revelations and laughing at my own journey - when the news I heard yesterday evening hit me in the gut again. Kevin Cromer has passed. That's how my husband put it when he got the phone call from Stephen (at church). Kevin Cromer has passed.

Kevin Cromer (or Triple A, as I would call him - the anointed, ambulating apostle) was born with spina bifida and was wheelchair bound his entire life. He was hilarious, loving, and very intelligent. He was my friend.

I cried when I heard the news. I'm tearing up writing this. Oh I know where he is now, and I know he has his glorified body and that he is happier right now than he has ever been in this life. I understand and fully believe that. That knowledge is what keeps us believers from the grief that overtakes many when they lose a friend or relative.

What deeply saddens me is what his "death" represents. It embodies all of the unfulfilled promises, the unreceived end to our expectations, the hope that seemingly bore no fruit. It signifies the prayers without answer, the pure and consistent belief for healing in this lifetime that seemed to fall to the ground.

Pierre says it is always something on our end that went wrong, never on Yah's end. But over and over again? What about the young stranger I prayed for in my early days of salvation with every ounce of faith I had; when I looked into his mother's face and said everything was going to be ok as he laid there comatose in the hospital - only to get a phone call a few days later that he had died? What about all of those that have "passed" recently, leaving behind those same unfulfilled promises?

What is it that we're not getting?

1 comment:

Tarsha Gibbons said...

I don't think it is something that we are not getting. We can pray with all the faith we have in us, however we have no idea what is in that person's heart. We may want them healed and they may want to go. Our prayers will not overrule their will. Never think that your prayers are ineffective, that person may not be in agreement or is double-minded about their healing, confessing the scriptures and then speaking negatively. We really don't know what people are thinking or saying when they are alone with their thoughts. Jesse Duplantis had a testimony like this about his mother, he was praying for her healing and she wanted to go. The Lord told him he needed to make a decision because his mother wanted to go home to be with him. He said he got into agreement with her and let her go and she went peacefully. He also said we need to ask people that are in these situations what they really want and pray for them accordingly.Remember Yahweh will not override your will or choices.