Friday, December 26

Merry Christmas!

This year we had a wonderful Christmas. The tradition is to visit my dad's in Long Island - but we don't attempt that trip when I'm this prego (the same thing happened with Joshua). Instead, on Christmas Eve we traveled to south Jersey to Pierre's cousin's home about 45 minutes away. We got invited like the day before and I truly didn't want to go at all, but since we go to my dad's every year, how could I say no to going to his family? They told us the party was going to start at 9pm. Ouch. I was actually hoping Pierre would get too tired and change his mind. It didn't happen. What did happen though, in pure Laguerre fashion, was that we got there around midnight.

It turned out to be really nice. Most of his family was there - his sister came out from Brooklyn, his grandma and aunts with their husbands and children, more of his cousins, etc. The food was great (yea, we ate that late). I baked chocolate chip cookies to bring and they were a hit. They even had some gifts for Joshua under the tree. It was nice talking with everyone and Pierre had a good time reconnecting with his family. We got home around 3:30am - all in all, not so bad.

The next morning we all slept in and got up around 10am for breakfast. We opened our gifts, took some pictures/video and relaxed some more. Joshua played with his new toys (little piano, video game, truck, coloring book/crayons, glow sticks). Pierre was really surprised to find two CDs he'd been wanting in his stocking (I got Rachael to buy them for me online and I gave her the money). I also got him a beautiful red tie and this really nice pair of Italian leather casual shoes which look hott on him. He loves them. The dude only had sneakers and dress shoes before. He is giving me a certain budget for some more studio equipment (yay!) and as a "labor gift" I'm getting Wii + Wii Fit in the New Year. He also wrapped some things for me so I would have stuff to open on Christmas day (perfumes, toiletries and the second Narnia movie).

The three of us hung out at home all day until the evening when we moved the table in the breakfast nook into the kitchen, put out a blow up bed in that area and projected a movie unto the wall in the dining room (The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - good movie). Joshua asked for bed at precisely 8pm, then Pierre and I finished the movie, watched some youtube and jibjab, followed by a preaching by Bishop Garlington before going to sleep.

Today the boys are at church fixing computer things while I have the house to myself so I can clean up some more. I'm in major nesting mode for this baby - so excited. I have a couple more photoshoots to do before the end of the year and am looking forward to really going full force with photography in '09. Yay! Life is beautiful. Thank you, Yah.

No comments: