Thursday, December 11

Coming out of the dark

I feel like I’m dying spiritually. Then it’s like, “duh”. I hardly read the word except for in church. I rarely pray except for on the corporate prayer calls in the morning. It’s not rocket science. It’s just a simple choice. Do I want to live? Yes. I want to live. I want to live a victorious Christian life. I want to impact generations starting with my own household. I just don’t seem to have the resolve to do it. It’s the same old story of self resistance.

Why do I write this faithless blog entry? I write it because it's truth - no, fact - at the moment. Facts change. The truth is I am an overcomer, even of my own mental blocks and spiritual dry places. I am an overcomer of boredom, idleness, and downright laziness.

Resistance is the enemy that has prevailed in my life time and time again. For some reason, I never see it coming, yet it's so predictable. Every time I get a "breakthrough" of sorts, an inspiration, a motivational spurt...here comes Resistance. It disguises itself in different forms and defeats me every time. It's gotta stop.

We read this passage at church last night and the last verse jumped off the page. Hope!

2 Peter 1:3-8 (Scriptures version)

3. as His Mighty-like power has given to us all we need for life and reverence, through the knowledge of Him who called us to esteem and uprightness.
4. Through these there have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, so that through these you might be partakers of the Mighty-like nature, having escaped from the corruption in the world, caused by lust.
5. And for this reason do your utmost to add to your belief uprightness, to uprightness knowledge,
6. to knowledge self-control, to self-control endurance, to endurance reverence,
7. to reverence brotherly affection, and to brotherly affection love.
8. For if these are in you and increase, they cause you to be neither inactive nor without fruit in the knowledge of our Master Yahweh Messiah.

Belief -> Uprightness -> Knowledge -> Self-Control -> Endurance -> Reverence -> Brotherly Affection -> Love.

Those are awesome words. BUKScERAL. Ok, acronyms don't work for everything. lol. I'm promised if these things increase in me, I will not be unfruitful or inactive. Cool. Resistance is overcome this year. In Yeshua's name.

No comments: