Thursday, June 19

Rant

I've been finishing up the last of my portfolio pictures this week and I still do not have sound on my computer, so I thought I'd turn on the radio. At first I was so delighted with the myriad of catchy tunes and fabulous beats. They seemed to be making my workload go by faster as I bopped in my seat. I was half paying attention until a few hours later when I caught myself singing these atrocities. What??!

My heart is NOT damaged. I'm not kissing any chics just to try it. I'm certainly not getting low, low, low, low, etc. Ridiculous. What gets me about these songs is that they are so addicting. I have the kind of mind that learns lyrics after hearing a song twice. So now if I'm not paying attention, my mind is swirling around to this stuff.

This is what people are listening to on a daily basis. This is what they are singing, on purpose. This is what they download onto their ipods and sleep with at night. Will the good lyricists with TRUE and edifying words stand up already? Geez.

No comments: