Saturday, August 2

Prophesy vs. Pancreatic Cancer

Last night I went to see a friend box in Brooklyn. While I was there, I got a phone call from my sister that my father has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I simply said OK and continued watching the fights. Amidst the rush of thoughts that flooded my mind upon hanging up, the overwhelming feeling was one of peace and trust.

A few minutes later I felt strongly to call and speak with my father directly. I felt that he was riddled with fear and I needed to address that. I stepped out of the arena, found an empty massage room in the gym and called my dad. My step mom picked up the phone and said my dad was sitting outside, really depressed.

The first thing he said was that he wasn't afraid to die. I asked him if he wanted to die. He said no. I said, "Because if you want to live, you can. It's up to you at this point. First of all, you need to get a 2nd and 3rd opinion. I know at least 4 people that have been diagnosed with cancer and it turned out to be a mistake. Don't just take what the doctor said and accept it. I really do not feel in my spirit that you have cancer." When I called him, I didn't know that statement was going to come out of my mouth. I just obeyed the first step and the rest flowed.

He said it all hit him by surprise because he went in for a routine check up and wasn't feeling any symptoms of anything. He was there, chillin', when the doctor came out and said, "Mr. Torres, your tests came back and you have pancreatic cancer. I'll bring out a translator in case you didn't understand what I said." The translator came out and my dad said, "I understand English! I know what he said!" They just told him to come back next week for his prescriptions for all kinds of crap. That's really messed up.

When I told my dad about all the misdiagnosing that has taken place, he told me of when he was 23 years old and they told him his pancreas was so far gone he needed emergency surgery. When the surgeon saw him, he said it was impossible for his pancreas to be that messed up...he would've had to have been having sex since before he was born. They ran some more tests and found it was just kidney stones. That happened when he was just 23 years old. I believe it is happening again and I was glad to hear my dad had experienced precisely what I was trying to explain to him.

I told him that the same prophetic gifting that is on his life is on my life, only I know where to channel my information from because I know where I got the gift from (whereas my dad was raised channeling all kinds of familiar spirits). I told him I know by the spirit that he does not have cancer. I proceeded to tell him by the spirit that he is not going to die until he is a little old man and has completed what Yahweh put him on this earth to do. When he is satisfied, he will go - no disease, accident or tragedy is going to take his life.

I told him not to go around telling everyone he has cancer, not to wallow in self pity, not to even let it come out of his mouth at all - because if he lets fear and depression set in and starts speaking those things, he could very well end up giving himself something he did not have in the first place. He just kept reiterating the shock he felt when he heard the news, because "cancer has no cure." I said, "Well, you don't have cancer - and that statement is not true. God made your body and he knows how to fix it. I know people who have gotten cured from AIDS, and they say that has no cure, either." He told me that his wife had fallen on him crying, saying the same thing - that God is in ultimate control and that they needed to go back to church and press into God more than ever before.

He thanked me for calling and giving him strength. He said he was going to do what I said and that he felt so much better. It meant a lot to me that my dad actually received my words and didn't get hurt by the fact that I didn't call to wallow with him. I love my father. I realized later that if my sister was still strong in the Lord, my phone call would have been confirmation to what he already heard from those closest to him. It hurt me a bit that in her spiritual state all she could do was call to give me the "bad news". I'll deal with her later.

In the meantime, my Yahweh will supply all of my father's needs according to His riches in glory by Moshiac Yeshua. The devil is a liar and a thief, he has been caught and I'm fully expecting a 7-fold return of health and well being for my entire family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yadi, going back to your blog of July 11th you said... "It's not too much to ask to be able to spend enough time with my Abba that His power manifests in me and sets people free." And now you spending time with Abba is manifesting. You have set your father FREE by sharing the Truth with him, nullifying the lie the devil used the doctor to speak. Like you said, the devil comes to kill, steal and destroy, BUT Yah has come that Your Father WILL have life and have it to the FULLEST/OVERFLOWING. I wish I'd known how to exercise this same Authority when my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer for the second time, because I would have spoken the same words you spoke to your dad, to her and the doctor as we sat in the examination room and he gave us the "bad news" again.

Thank you again Yadi for expressing some of your most intimate thoughts and events of your journey. It truly blesses me!