Friday, January 30

25 Random Things About Me

1. All my fingernails must be the same length - even if the rest are perfect I will cut them all for one that is broken or chipped.
2. I started keeping diaries in 7th grade so that I would remember what it was like "to be a kid" and so I could one day show my daughter that I know what she's going through.
3. Before I became a Christian in my first year of college, I was very much into the paranormal and occult because I was raised doing séances with my family regularly.
4. My phone is JUST a phone. No, really. Not a camera or an mp3 player or a planner...just a phone.
5. I'm gifted in all things artistic.
6. I've never owned an animal that didn't need a cage. I've had parakeets and hamsters.
7. I once pulled over on the way home from church to dance in the rain at night behind an abandoned building all by myself. It was a really good church service.
8. I often pick up strangers in my car when it's raining and drive them where they need to go (I know).
9. I have an extreme tender heart for afflicted children and the elderly.
10. I'm beyond grateful that my husband never took rejection as my final answer when we were dating.
11. I used to hate running - until I ran a marathon (26.2 miles). Now I respect it.
12. My favorite all time line from a book was, "Perhaps one did not want to be loved, so much as to be understood", from 1984 by George Orwell...now I realize being loved is way better.
13. I will most likely be the mayor of my town one day.
14. One of my life goals is to own the apartment complex I grew up in, as well as all the homes various members of my family have rented for decades.
15. I've never been anywhere tropical. Will someone take me somewhere warm with a white sandy beach and clear water?? That's not too much to ask, is it?? :)
16. I learn languages fast - and forget them just as quickly.
17. I was once nominated by my group on a mission's trip in Mexico to tell the little old man across the street that his dog (and only companion) got killed by a car while he was out that day. Not cool.
18. I was almost engaged once before I met my husband. Whew, that was a close one!
19. I still swoon over Marc Anthony's voice (not so much when he sings in English...).
20. My true identity of rock hard vegan athlete has temporarily been taken over by this flabby eclair chomper...but I will rise!
21. One day my picture will be on a billboard in Times Square. Not sure for what, but I've seen it.
22. Life experience has made me almost entirely nonjudgmental of people's choices. Never say never.
23. My secret desire is to be a dancer at Alvin Ailey in NYC. It could still happen one day, right? Amuse me.
24. Are these really THE last days? I hope not...too much left to do still.
25. I actually really love my life and everyone in it.

No comments: