Monday, March 16

Monday: Weekend Update

Soooo...on Friday Pierre went away to a men's retreat and I was here with the kiddos all weekend. We actually had a great time. Friday night I watched The Family Man after I put Joshua in bed. I really enjoy Nicholas Cage in all his movies. The Family Man is an oldie but a goodie. I liked it. Catch it on Hulu if you haven't seen it.

On Saturday I opened my business bank account - yay! I'm officially official. The fact that I have to have $1000 minimum in the account after the first year bothered me a bit, though. Not because I don't think I'll have $1000, but because with everything the way it is I want to stay as liquid as possible. I realize now, though, that $1000 is not a lot to have tied up when you consider the big picture. I'm sure there are business accounts that require more. Then again, what do I know? I'm just happy to be legal.

After the bank I took the kiddos to the park. Watching Joshua in public places with other children is always amusing to me. He literally went and stood in the middle of the playground to watch all the children. He's the supervisor, always has been. He finally decided to play, and even that is funny. He was running up and down the ramp saying, "Weeeeee!" I didn't bother explaining to him that the ramp is not "the fun part" of the playground. He seemed to think it was. Eventually he made it over to a slide.

That night we went to celebrate my friend's 40th birthday in the city. Joshua danced the night away and Juliette smiled at everyone who came over to say hello. It was a lot of fun. We didn't leave there until midnight, and then I had to drive back to Jersey. You would think Joshua conked out in the car as soon as he got into his seat - but no. He was talking the whole way home, mostly about all the foods he ate. He had a blast.

Speaking of food – let me just go on record as saying that cooked food sucks. I've been eating cooked foods all weekend and I feel like crap...lethargic, foggy, heavy. The dark circles under my eyes are back, I’m craving junk food and I’m tossing in my sleep. That said, I had THE MOST AMAZING toasted almond cake the whole weekend and that, my friends, was worth it all. Back to raw.

Sunday was chill. I overslept and missed church, so I took the kiddos to the local park. Today I spent a good portion of the day updating my website. I got my exercise videos in the mail - watched one with Joshua. I’ll do it tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it!

Oh my goodness…I almost forgot the best part of the whole weekend. On Sunday night, my friend (Barbara Lindorme) called to pray with me. We used to pray together all the time back when I was single. We talked for a little bit, set up a weekly time to pray, and decided to pray a little right then and there since we were already on the phone. Well let me just say that I haven’t cried like that in a long time. We both wept because of the presence of the Lord. It was cleansing, affirming, beautiful. I was so inspired that I was actually going to pray on the daily prayer call this morning instead of just listen…but I fell asleep a few minutes into it. Darn cooked foods. :)

No comments: